Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sew News

Well, I've been remiss in getting stuff on here -- I finished Ribby Cardi completely and it looks great, but my HLM and I haven't been able to coordinate a photo yet. I should have one up tomorrow, assuming that I am not so consumed by Lost tonight that I don't get to it.

In the meantime, here is a pic of two of the four laundry bags I whipped up yesterday. The pattern pieces are taken from Amy Butler's In Stitches, but I didn't refer to the book in the least after I cut them out. I pretty much winged it and they worked out pretty well, I think. Now I will sort my laundry as it comes, rather than having a huge assorted mountain on the bedroom floor. Well, that's the theory, anyway.

I have the supplies for several more sewing projects (and obviously for several more knitting projects.) I find that sitting down to do some sewing reminds me why I used to do it so much. It is certainly a faster payoff than knitting. One day = four bags? I mean, it took me two hours just to install the zipper in Ribby Cardi. Sheesh.

No comments: