The last few towels flew off the loom, and I pretty much flew by the seat of my pants in deciding what colour combinations to use.
For the fifth towel, I went with one in kelly green and magenta, which is definitely one of my favourites of the whole bunch. It's really bright and I like how the colours work together.
With the sixth towel, I realized that I was running out of towels to weave, and I wanted to get back to orange, since I had really liked the previous orange one a lot. Since I had done it with magenta already (and didn't want to do anything too tonally similar like the dark red) I matched it up with the dark purple. I like this one a lot too.
The other light colour I'd only used once was yellow, and while I toyed with using it against the kelly green or against the orange, I was afraid that they just wouldn't have enough contrast to be visually interesting. I went with magenta instead, since both of my previous magenta towels turned out so pretty. In the end, I think it's a bit too similar to the yellow/red combo (until you see them next to each other they look pretty close) but je ne regrette rien.
I had to get them off the loom quickly because I have a time-sensitive project to weave - Handwoven magazine is taking submissions for designs for a new e-book and I wanted to weave up a sample to submit it - but once that is all done, I will hem and wash and iron these towels and show them off as a set.
Making 8 pre–orders and some suggested yarns
3 days ago