Friday, March 7, 2008

Supe


My HLM laughed when he saw the zipper I chose -- he said the colours look like Superman's costume. I reminded him that he helped me to choose the yarn colours, oh so long ago. Needless to say, I've been hearing the theme song periodically for the last couple of days. Fortunately I am totally okay with having a Super Cardigan. (FYI I am squinting in all outdoor photos because I am a mole person and the sunlight makes me cry.)

So I am pretty ecstatic with how my Super Ribby Cardi turned out. It fits perfectly and is warm and not itchy... The zipper makes the colour scheme pop just exactly the way I'd hoped it would. It is comfortable at all ranges of zippiness, but I like how it looks, casually open at the neck like that. Mind you, it displays some horrible-looking hand stitching on the back of the zipper, since I had to use blue thread and the zipper is red. Yikes.

I used Elann Peruvian Worsted Wool, as I probably mentioned before -- I had enough left over to make another charity scarf, which is nice. I can understand why this knit has been a popular one for first-time-sweaters, since it's totally easy and very flattering. I'm sure I will get lots of use out of it, and am considering another one, which of course will have to wait a while until I make some more progress on the queue (and the stash.)

I have been working on a little lacy hat in the meantime, for a coworker who doesn't read the blog, and am gearing up for a pair of socks. It's been nearly half a year since I had a pair of socks on the needles, and considering how crazy I went with the Knitting Zone's Leap Year sale -- c'mon, Koigu KPPPM at 29% off? How could I not??? -- I'd better start working on the sock yarn stash.

No comments: