Friday, February 6, 2009

Blogiversary

Believe it or not, today is my one-year blogiversary -- a year ago today I started this little collection of thoughts about and pictures of my various crafty efforts. It's something I've really come to love; the best part is getting feedback from people who have seen my meager though eager efforts and enjoyed them, in one way or another.

Here are a couple more little projects for you to peruse, recently completed:

As I mentioned a week or so ago, a Koolhaas hat for my HLM. He wanted a hat and I gave him a couple of options from brooklyntweed's catalogue of hats. He chose this one. I made it in a lovely grey, to compliment everything else he owns, which is primarily black. I had to upsize the pattern a bit, since he has a large head (much like myself.) He seems to like it.

Secondly, the completed Impulse-Buy Scarf.
I loooove this. I hardly even registered how tedious k1p1 ribbing is, since the changing colours were so engaging. My only frustration was that the balls of Noro Silk Garden had several knots. I wouldn't even care about that, except that the colours on either side of the knot were always disparate. Every knot meant that I had to find a part of the remaining ball of yarn that was the same colour as where I ended off, to keep the colour transitions smooth, and it was a bit of a chore to restart and reorganize several times. Oh well, it's all said and done, now, and I love it enough that any birthing pains were worthwhile.

Next up: the oft aforementioned Socks that Rock socks... I am well into the first leg and I am in love.

No comments: