Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Guess What I've Been Up To...


I'll give you a hint... I've cut up several metres of this fabric into 114 sets of six triangles each (that's 684 triangles in total, but who's counting?) I know it sounds insane, but it really wasn't that bad -- took less than two and a half hours, from the time I started ironing and layering the fabric, to the time I was done cutting and stacking all of the itty bitty equilateral triangles.


Here is another hint... two hexagon blocks sewn up and ready to go. These are only the first two -- I've done 19 so far, and you don't know how hard it is to not put up a photo of every single one (they are all so pretty!) The crazy thing about these quilts (the One Block Wonder pattern that I made before, if you haven't pieced it together yet (uh oh... was that a quilting pun?)) is that the hard part is over by the time you layer the fabric -- cutting the triangles is easy, putting them together is so much fun and then you get to play with the design! I will keep you posted with every bit of the progress...

No comments: