Monday, April 14, 2008

Yeah, yeah, I'm working on it.


Well I must admit it's been a bit slow-going on the quilt, for various random reasons. I haven't prewashed all the fabrics yet... I'm waiting for my quilt frame before I can start quilting... I'm distracted by so many other projects and tv shows on DVD and looming haircuts and general whatnot.

I am a day's work away from having the main quilt top together -- then I will pop on some borders and take a pic for y'all. At the moment, all we have is this photo of some of the strips, which all look verrrry similar, don't you think? I do. Does it make you a bit nervous, how much they all look alike? Makes me a bit nervous. I will just soldier on and I bet it will surprise us all with how it looks in the end.


Meantime, my lone knitty project is redoing my little tam. The aforementioned haircut (to take off all my dreads) will leave my head much much smaller than it was with all that bulk, so I know my tam won't fit anymore. I considered giving it away or trying to shrink it down by felting a bit, but ultimately I came to my senses (?) and realized I could just frog the whole thing and reknit it in the size it was meant to be in the first place. I mean, after all, I love knitting right? Why not knit the same thing out of the same yarn, twice? Stop looking at me like that. It's perfectly normal.

No comments: