Friday, November 6, 2009

Lace-Tipped Striped Scarf


I'm back to making some progress in my life -- I managed to finish off a couple of the lingering books, as well as the sweater sleeves. I've made a bit more progress on the second Knetted sock, as well. Most importantly, I have finished the stripey mohair scarf.

I've been working on this pretty much exclusively at the pub knit night, which explains why it took so very long to complete it. It is a bit curly, of course, being stockingette, but less curly after blocking it. The stitches evened out nicely and the lace opened up... Overall I'm pretty happy with it.


The blue yarn is the mohair blend; the yellow yarn is a merino silk cashmere combo. The two of them make for a deliciously soft scarf. It will make a lovely Xmas present when the time rolls around. (But not for you -- the recipient doesn't read the blog. Sorry.)

1 comment:

Brandi Beckett said...

Lovely! I wish I had a beautiful, warm scarf like that to wear right now. It's gotten pretty cold in the past week or so. I finished my poncho though! I can't upload pics from here but I'll show you some when I come home for Christmas.
Miss you!