Thursday, November 19, 2009

Call Me Square

I was flipping through a book of brownie recipes the other night (not the smartest idea for a weak-willed lover of sweets, I will admit) and tucked near the back of the book, I found this recipe for squares.


See that delicious goo leaking out from the center? It's meant to be a mixture of peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk, but I decided to go one step more extravagant and substituted cashew butter. They are unbelievably delicious. The base and topping have chopped walnuts and rolled oats, with a generous smattering of milk chocolate chips over everything.

I bet you can almost taste one, already.

1 comment:

Brandi Beckett said...

ooooooh! Why do you hate me? I insist that you make those again while I'm home for the break. I'm drooling right now!