Thursday, April 9, 2009

Something I Love About Weaving

On my way home from work on Monday, I told my coworkers I was going to dress my loom for an inaugural weaving project. I had a couple of days off and worked on it, off and on, in short spurts, between all my other projects. Yesterday I finished the weaving, and then soaked it and hung it to dry. Today when I go back to work, I will have a new scarf to wear.


The selvedges are not great -- I need to pay better attention to the tension, apparently. I like the purpley grey colour of the finished product, and how the short little fringe peeking out shows the original warp colours. It's quite drapey and plenty long enough for me. Basically, it is just as I'd hoped -- a fast and simple project with familiar yarn, doing a little stash busting and allowing me to get to know my loom.

No comments: