I don't know if it's just because of the change in the weather, but I got a real case of startitis this week, and began a second pair of socks for gifting, an out-of-the-blue artsy knitting concept, and I really have my eye on a new slouchy hat for fall... maybe some fingerless mitts... not to mention this baby from the new BrooklynTweed collection.
But before I get to any of that, I should catch you up on my weaving. I did get the skully napkins off the loom (seemed like they took forever) but I haven't gotten to hemming and finishing them yet. Instead, I got really distracted with these babies, a set of dishtowels using a bit of colour and an irregular twill weave to add interest.
There are six colours in the warp, and I chose two of those for the weft of each towel.
The first towel had a red and pink weft. The two colours didn't have much contrast, but it still looks quite nice:
Then came a towel with an orange and red weft:
Then one with a pink and orange weft. It looks quite similar to the last one, again since there isn't much difference between the red and pink, but there is still a different tone to it:
That last shot shows the design most clearly, since it's nice and close. There are warp stripes in six colours, weft stripes in two, and the overall pattern is an alternating 3:1 and 1:3 twill. The places where the twill changes is offset from the colour stripe changes, which makes the whole thing much more interesting and gives more colours to the eye. I can't wait to see how much better they all look, once they're washed and ironed.
Next time I'll show you the other weft combinations!
Plattsburgh Pullover - a happy ending
3 days ago