Sunday, July 1, 2012

Just in Time for Summer

As you can see from the pretty diagonal lines, I've finished the quilting on my Swoon quilt.  As planned, I just did simple straight lines, spaced out at alternating 1 1/2 inch and 2 1/2 inch intervals.  It turned out fairly well, with a minimum of stress on my part.  I am happy to see that the quilt is starting to look a little puffy between the lines, since the puffiness is one of the most pleasing parts of a finished quilt, in my opinion.  After I wash it, I'm sure the puff will be more apparent.

All that's left now is to cut the strips for binding, machine sew it to the quilt, and then hand finish it by sewing the binding over the cut edge.  Of course, the hand sewing usually entails sitting under the quilt on the sofa for hours, which I don't relish in this heat.  I'll think of something.

No comments: