Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monkey Socks


Though we are still living out of boxes, mostly, I did manage to find my camera, and now that I'm back online, you get to see my finished Monkeys.

I am really happy with how they turned out -- they fit really nicely, despite being the medium size. The yarnovers give the stitch pattern a lot of stretch, and leave the socks pleasantly snug. I could have knit them in the large size, but it required many more stitches in a tighter gauge, which wouldn't have worked with the lovely yarn I had chosen, so I gambled that the medium would fit my wide feet -- and won.


The yarn is Socks that Rock in a colour called Sweet Pea. It was the May Rockin' Sock Club yarn, and while I wasn't inspired to knit either of the patterns that came with it, I was definitely inspired by the subtle variegation of this yarn. It is mostly off-white, with some soft grassy green and a barely-there peach which is only visible in the right lighting. Perfect for a cute little stitch pattern like Monkey.

As I mentioned before, I am planning another pair of Monkeys, but using SpillyJane's variation of staggering the stitch pattern. Soon, soon, my pretties...

No comments: