Friday, July 30, 2010

An Update

1. The move is progressing well -- we have virtually everything we own in boxes, at this point. I am so thankful for all the help we've had over the last couple of weeks. (Aside: we really need to have less stuff. Thank god I had a self-imposed yarn/fabric destash, this year, or it would be even worse.) I'm pretty sure that the unpacking will go much more slowly, but it will be so nice to be settled into our new place, by this time tomorrow.

2. The knee is slowly getting better -- I am still using a cane when I go out, though I don't usually use it around the house (what with all the boxes to lean on and all.) I am feeling more stable on my feet, and soon I may even be able to walk somewhat normally.

3. Finished my Monkey socks, but lord knows which box my camera is in. I will have photos of them for you sometime next week. They turned out so cute! I am already planning a variation on the theme, possibly in some more of my Socks That Rock, but should be receiving my July Rockin' Sock Club shipment very soon, so that may trump more Monkeys, for the time being.

4. Once we get ourselves moved tomorrow, I won't have internet at home (or phone or tv, for that matter) until it gets hooked up again next week. Fortunately I have a lot of sci-fi TV to watch (both British: Torchwood Season 3, and American: Battlestar Galactica Season 1 (yes, finally)) to try to get my entertainment fix until I am back on this wondrous series of tubes we call the interwebs.

5. Have a good weekend, and let me know, next week, if I miss anything good!

No comments: