1. Begin sewing first shoulder seam. Halfway through, realize you have somehow managed to put the seam on the outside of the garment.
2. Begin again, but this time decide that it looks like crap, so you have to try a different type of stitch.
3. Begin again, and this time finish successfully. Realize afterwards that you've attached the left side front to the right side back.
4. Successfully finish both shoulder seams and begin setting in the first sleeve, only to realize that there is no way the sleeve cap is going to fit in the sleeve shaping on front/back of the sweater.
5. Put it in a time-out and go to work.
6. Pick it up again the next day and fudge the seams between sleeve and armhole until they fit well enough to work.
7. Sew both sides in no time flat, now that you're in the groove.
8. Thank the gods that you are done the seaming and now just get to knit a neckband and some buttonbands.