A while back, I knit a hat for my HLM (which never got a photo on the blog since he is shy of cameras) based on the hat that Opie wears on tv's Sons of Anarchy. He loves it and wears it a lot.
Recently, one of my friends, who is quickly progressing through the basics of knitting, decided she wanted to knit herself a hat in that style. We decided to do a hat knitalong, and both bought yarn and measured our heads and got to work.
The end result is a really simple slouchy hat that I love. Sorry about the crazy eyes.
After finishing that one, I had the hat bug, and pulled out some yarn and a pattern that I picked up at the knitting store in Jasper on our girls' vacation. A simple pattern by Wooly Wormhead, it knit up in a couple of days. I added a half-inch to the length, and am I glad I did - it's still not really as long as I'd wish. It's also a bit snug and wants to pull up, so it might be a donation hat, rather than one I keep. The design uses a reverse-stockingette background with a travelling twisted knit stitch across it. If I knit it again, I'd probably do a YO & SSK combo, instead, which would be easier on the hands and would give more-or-less the same effect. It would also have more stretch, so it might even stay on my head a bit better.
Plattsburgh Pullover - a happy ending
3 days ago