Yesterday, as my series of Kindergarten Scarves starts to near the end, I decided to go with something a little fancier and more complicated than most of the ones I've done, so far. I had set aside two shades of purple for this design, an M&W threading for a 2/2 twill. I was worried that a lot of the detail would be lost in the fluffy wool, but it actually turned out pretty nice, after washing and drying. It will be nice for a kid with an eye for detail.
The day before yesterday I did the last of the hopsack scarves - this one was a 3:1 hopsack, which made a design of little magenta squares on one side of the scarf, and little teal squares on the other side. The squares fluffed up quite a bit and it seems like a thicker scarf than the others, which might just be an illusion. I like that the two layers are coordinated but different.
Etsy Update! Thursday April 27th
1 hour ago