Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Still Casting On

"I can resist anything except temptation."
Oscar Wilde


The other day, as I was walking to work, I thought of what lovely weather we were (finally) having, and how nice it would be to have a new little project to work on as I walk to and fro in the sun. Once I got home, I grabbed up the two balls of Elann sock yarn I had waiting for just such an occasion. I cast on for my go-to Universal Toe-Up Sock, with my usual 3:1 ratio for a striped sock. As you can see, I really shook things up, this time, by making the darker colour the background, with the lighter colour for toe/heel/cuff/stripes. I know, crazy, right? They are flying off the needles -- the first one is past the halfway point, already -- and then I guess I will pick a slightly more challenging pattern for my next pair of walking socks.


In the meantime, I have made some more progress on the little crocheted hexagons. I haven't even made much of a dent in my sock yarn leftovers, and I already have a couple dozen of these little guys done. Not nearly enough to make a blanket, of course, since each one is only a few inches across, but still, a nice start. They are so squishy and soft and colourful -- makes me so happy to look at that bright little stack!

1 comment:

Justin said...

The human foot is highly functional. It is important to find a shoe that understanding how the foot works. In my personal experience, one of them is the adidas shoes.Do you like athletic? Where you buy your athletic shoes? Do you know any shop offering aiddas outlet? Well, yesterday, I found one, very nice. You can have a try.Do you like Air Jordan 1, Air Jordan 4 and Air Jordan 13 ? Will you choose them? I hope you can give me a answer.