Sunday, June 13, 2010

Emily Dickinson is Holding Me Ransom


Of course I mean that I just can't put down my Emily Dickinson shawl, in the last few days -- I have gotten as far as the beaded portion, and the pink beads make a subtle but lovely sparkle through the lovely alpaca haze of garter stitch.

I have also realized how ingenious the design is, since the rows are going faster and faster as they are slowly decreasing down to nothing. With the bottom-up design, you get the slower and more fiddly rows for the edging done at the beginning, and then everything gets faster and easier as you carry on.

I can really forsee me making another one one of these, in the deep lovely red alpaca laceweight that I have leftover from my previous Ruffle shawl & Veyla gloves. All I have to do is decide what colour of beads to use...

1 comment:

Lost City Denise said...

It's that fast huh? I was kind of worried about starting at the bottom and working up but you've really got me curious.
Emily Dickinson is either two or three on my queue. I'll be watching your progress for inspiration!