Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Grey Hat


You know how hard it is to get a good photo of yourself wearing a hat? I have a lot of photos of parts of the hat, but couldn't manage anything that showed the whole hat successfully.

You get the idea, anyway. It is a very basic hat, invented out of my own brain, on request from a coworker. I don't usually make things for other people; it must have been a moment of weakness on my part, when I agreed to do it.

Nonetheless, it has been a simple and mindless project, which I mostly knitted while on breaks at work, so it didn't really cut into my own projects very much. Also, despite it being quite large and roomy, it only took two balls of Elann's Peruvian Highland wool. Simple, fast, and inexpensive: just what gifts to non-knitters should always be.

No comments: