Friday, October 2, 2009

Sneak Peeks and Swatches


As I mentioned before, I decided to make a pair of socks with the leftover yarn from my Damson. I found this pair over at Knitspot and when I pictured it in this lovely shade of yarn, it looked to me like a row of tumbling pomegranates. Since pomegranates are one of the symbols of the season, I thought it might be nice to knit them up in time for Samhain.


This is the Lichen yarn from madelinetosh that I purchased at Sock Summit. The pattern is a lovely lace mobius wrap, which you can see looks quite stunning in this colourway. Unfortunately I am running out of yarn at an astonishing pace, and I don't want this to turn into another Damson. I have a feeling this one might make its way into the frog pond and be re-made into something else. A shame, since the stitch pattern has been a real pain, and I wish I'd have something to show for my perseverance.


This is an adorable little swatch for the Honeybee Cardigan, out of Socks That Rock Mediumweight in a lovely light blue-green called Nyame. I have high hopes for this one, once I figure out how to size it for myself -- that's where the swatch comes in. This cardi will get properly started once I figure out what to do with the lace mobius wrap situation.

There is also a yoke sweater on the horizon, which I did a swatch for last night but subsequently ripped out after measuring it. It was only boring stockingette, nothing terribly interesting, although the sweater itself should be pretty great when it's done.

No comments: