Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Continuation of the Organizing Frenzy


So last night I took a little break from making hexagons and made myself a little fabric box (from this tutorial) to store them in. I figured that I need something to hold them all until I sew them together, so it might as well be something pretty. I'm not sure it will hold them all, but it's pretty roomy (about eight inches square and eleven high) and the initial 360 fit in the bottom quite nicely. Over the next several months, I hope to fill it to the brim.

I also made a Pumpkin Orange loaf this morning. It's my favourite thing to make from leftover pumpkin, and I had lots left over from my Thanksgiving pie. It's very moist and orangey, largely because there is an entire orange in there, rind and all. All those fragrant volatile oils from the peel make it smell (and taste) just divine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious!! It just so happens I'm balls deep in pumpkin right now, and sure would appreciate the recipe!! :)

Brandi Beckett said...

You've been very busy! I'm amazed at your quick progress....as always of course. I'll miss you Rhonda but I'm so glad that I can still check out your lovely projects while I am away.