Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back in the Saddle

That next step of picking up the sashing and carrying on with Project Quilt Top Completion got put off for a couple of days... I ended up seeing The Dark Knight that night, instead (which is gut-wrenchingly perfect and really takes the whole saga to new and interesting places -- Christopher Nolan just might be a genius. I know I don't need to say anything about the performances, since it's all been said already. But yeah, jaw-droppingly perfect.)

And then, having finished the last (current) baby project, I picked up the Mystery Shawl again and have been voraciously working on it. Although it is a bit slow-going, I've gotten up to 60% finished the fourth clue. It is getting really difficult to show off, since there are so many stitches on the needles that I can't spread them out really well. Another week or so, maybe, on this clue, and then I get to do a nice finish around the outside edge...


As for the quilt, here is a photo of some more colourful little diamonds, laid out in the order they will be sewn to sashings, which is the next step I have to deal with along the way of finishing the quilt top. Today I will actually start this (promise) and then I can get the previously promised photos up.

In the meantime, I've been cutting out hundreds of little paper hexagons for another project... but I'll get to that later.

No comments: