other skeins of this yarn for other socks, and had some issues with pooling and flashing, so I was waiting to imagine the perfect design that would make some beautiful socks.
However, since I've started my new pledge to find peace with the random designs made by a bunch of stockingette socks in variegated yarn, I pulled these skeins out and just knit 'em up to see what would happen.
Turns out that 68 stitches on 2.25 mm needles makes some pretty cool stripes. Once I did a few increases to accomodate my large instep and calf, all hell broke loose. There were some definite blobs, some fat ol' stripes, and they definitely ended up more fraternal than identical.
The name I chose for these socks is Serenity, partly because the sock colourway is called "River" which makes me think of River Tam on Firefly, and also because of the crazy way they turned out, which makes me think of the Costanzas.
Duo Chrome! + A Pattern Sale
1 hour ago