Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kindergarten Scarves Hh

Last winter, I did a series of woven scarves to donate to some kids who needed a little homemade love.  As I mentioned at the time, they are so quick that it's like instant gratification and also a fun way to experiment with colour combinations and various weaving drafts.  I decided to play some more this year, and stocked up on Cascade 220 when it was on sale at Webs in the springtime.  I pulled it out the other day to start planning this series and then found a bag with some leftovers of Elann Peruvian Highland Wool, as well.  So now I am well stocked, for a dozen or so scarves.  Let the games begin.


The first draft I chose was a hopsack draft that uses one colour in the warp and two other colours in the weft.  It makes a sort of faux gingham if the right colours are used, which is what I went for, here.  The yarn is the Peruvian Highland Wool from Elann, in Peach, Brick, and Oxblood.  I warped and wove this one on Tuesday.  I like how it looks, in those warm autumn tones, but it's not exactly what I was going for.  Today I am trying another colour combo which is working better - I'll show it off when it's been washed and dried.

No comments: