Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quickie Socks

On Boxing Day, my HLM decided to do a little bargain shopping. Since I dislike fighting crowds, I stayed home with my knitting. He surprised me by bringing me home a book on sock knitting, called the Joy of Sox. As the punny title implies, it is a book of great sock patterns by various designers, all orbiting around the concept of s-e-x.


Since I was just finishing up my Raven Swirl socks, I decided to take on something a bit faster and simpler, hence the Quickie Socks.

I had planned to post a picture of the first one when I finished it, but they really did go so fast that I was done the second one before I even got around to posting the first.


For these ones, I used some Peace Fleece that I had left over from a pullover I made years ago (in the pre-blogging era.) One ball of yarn was more than enough for the pair, which is pretty amazing, really. I knit them at a bigger gauge (20 stitches to 4 inches) since I wanted a bigger sock circumference. It was a pretty perfect gauge for this yarn, and after a nice soak and blocking them, they are so soft and fuzzy and ridiculously warm. I doubt I'll fit them comfortably into my boots, so they're pretty much around-the-house socks, but I think they'll be used pretty steadily for the next few months.

No comments: